Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ROACHES!


This entry ties my 2 trips together...I had forgotten to write about it but I was reminded of these horrible creatures yesterday as I dashed out of the bathroom...hitting my wrist extremely hard on the door and lifting my feet as I ran like a jumping animal...COCKROACHES!
I don't know what it is...but I have seemingly become more terrified of these creatures than any other bug. Last time I was in Nigeria almost 4 years back I remember killing them until all of their body parts were unrecognizable...but this time I couldn't even get close to the things without doing some kind of dance of fear...hitting my arms and body as if I were killing the billions that I was imagining all over my body!
I only saw 2 cockroaches in Nigeria...one in a box near my hand and the other crawling up the wall beside me as I was watching a movie with Jude. I freaked out the first time...but freaked out even more the second time. Jude didn't kill it and it ran away somewhere in the room the second time. As I sat on the bed, nervously scanning the room...I suddenly saw the roach crawling up the wall by my suitcase and almost jumped Jude panicking...almost yelling for him to "kill it! Kill it!" to which he was giggling b/c I was amusingly hysterical...but as soon as he saw the actual fear in my eyes he got up and smashed the thing. I had to see it for myself to make sure it was a goner.
This time in Australia...I was in the bathroom...doing my business and b/c here they have the toilet separate form the sink and bath...it is a little room...so as soon as I began to open the door this dark red thing started coming towards me bare feet...I freaked out and this is why i ended up whacking my wrist so hard against the door...anything to prevent this evil creature from touching my feet.


So any of you who have bug fears...I greatly sympathize with you...the roach has become my new worst enemy...and I vow to kill any of the ones I see(or rather have someone braver than me kill them for me)...none will be spared!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!