Monday, February 26, 2007

Arrival in Sydney

Here I am after a long haul! I was so exhausted in Honolulu that I did everything I could to try to make myself stay awake...except drink coffee...b/c I don't drink coffee. I wandered the airport, went outside, read, walked some more...and finally found a quiet place to lay down and sleep. I successfully set my travel alarm and fell asleep on the floor...I woke up suddenly and realized that indeed I had forgotten to actually turn the alarm ON! Luckily God is being really lovely lately in little ways...and woke me up! I had an hour till boarding so I was good.



On the plane I feel asleep before take off and woke up after about 6 hours of sleeping...but I am still tired due to all my travels through different time zones etc. So when I arrived they ask on the boarding card if the passenger arriving has been to Africa in the last 6 days...so good thing I had along with me my vaccination card to show I had the right vaccinations and was allowed in. I got my work visa without them even looking at my E-visa ticket...I was already in the system...so simple as pie I guess to come to Australia! Then I waited and waited for my bags and they didn't arrive. So here I am now in Sydney at my cousin Sandra's house..wearing the same clothes I was for about 2 days now. At least I took a shower! :-)


So far I have just hung out with Sandra and the kids...went to a big book store that is like Christian Publications and bought a Bible...then to the grocery store...then back home and I just woke up from a little nap. Tomorrow I meet up with my cousin Phil from Edmonton who is also here in Australia and has been for the last 2 months. We are going to see the opera house and all that good stuff tomorrow..hopefully...but it is raining and wet...so who knows.


anyway till next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.