Saturday, March 3, 2007

More adventures in Sydney

I doubt that I am actually resting my feet and legs and much as I should while I am here in Sydney...and resting my bank account for that matter as well. Sydney is a very posh, hip happening place and it costs an arm and a leg for most things. A coke will cost anywhere from $2.80 up..can you believe that? So you can imagine what the bus or train costs which we take everyday. I pray that my money doesn't deplete before I get to Adelaide to work for a few months!
In these last few days my cousin Phil and I have been trekking around as usual. We went to the Sydney zoo with my cousin Sandra and her 2 kids. We ended up staying the whole day while they left just after lunch time. It is an enormous zoo with a great view of the Sydney skyline, bridge and Opera House. I seem to be fascinated lately with taking up close and personal pictures of spiders and their webs. Thankfully with my camera and the lens, I don't have to get that close in real life...because I really don't like spiders at all!
Today we went into town and booked our stops all the way up the east coast of Australia. We will take some surfing lessons on our way up so who knows how that will go! The further North we go, the hotter the weather. Australia is heading into Fall as it just finished Summer...or was it Spring. Who knows..everything seems to be backwards here!
We also went to the Chinese Gardens and spent a great deal of time there. I find that I am alone with my thoughts a lot of the time because Phil and I walk and different paces and wander off a little on our own. This is fine with both of us as long as we know we where the other one is...we don't go far though! He keeps laughing at me and seemingly doesn't understand why I can't keep up with him on our long treks. I kept telling him that he has to remember that I have short legs and therefore I take more steps and I am walking as quick as I can. I think in an average day we walk probably close to 10km or more! Good thing I brought my walking shoes!
Tomorrow we head to the beach to relax, Monday to the Blue Mountains for a day trip, Tuesday something...and leave Wednesday early morning up the coast...
Until then...I sign off!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: