Thursday, March 8, 2007

On our way...





Well this is just a short blog really...I will try to write more to it later...so you will have to look for the new version later. We have left Sydney...but our last night in Sydney was spent at an OZ Experience...tour assistants place..the place we are travelling with. It was a small little place with basically a table, a mattress on the floor (which Phil and I shared) and a dodgy cot that he slept on. We had hooked up with the guy when we went to check out and book most of our trip up the coast. It is a bus thing that you hop on hop off whenever you want kind of thing. Along the way they have some kind of activities that we participate in etc. It is fun and a lot of young people take this instead of the Greyhound. We had to leave early in the morning so the reason we stayed there was b/c we had to be in Sydney to catch our OZ bus by 6:30 am...and Terrey Hills is too far (where my cousin Sandra lives).
Phil and I spent some time looking around the Sydney University looking at old buildings and then ate some dinner while our new friend Josh attended a Jehovah witness meeting. It was quite hilarious because he said he had to go out and left us his key to his apartment and said "I have to go to a meeting...I am sort of getting involved in this new thing lately, Jehovah's Witness...have you heard of it?" Phil and I laughed a little because he laughed when he said it, but he was serious and we just tried hard not to laugh and talk about something else.
In the morning we woke up early and he brought us to the bus station (rather walked us to it) and paid for my bus fair to the OZ meeting place. We began our journey in the OZ bus, having to hand a mic around and say something about ourselves and so on.
We stopped for breakfast and lunch and finally arrived in the late afternoon to Arrawarra, Surfers camp. We planted our gear in our dorms with 8 other people and got into our swimmers and set off to surf. It is fun...hard work, but fun. The hardest part is getting out there past all the massive waves. Afterwards my throat and eyes were burning from the salt water.
We stayed in a massive camp and I saw a giant grasshopper while on the phone to Jude and screamed. I am not so good with the massive bugs here. I also freaked out b/c on my way back I was opening a gate and realized I had a creatures eyes on me...and that creature was less than a foot away from my face. I jumped back in fear and realized it was a possum. I don't know why...but they freak me out b/c they are creatures of the night and I can't see them as well...The next day we were off again to another adventure...

No comments: