Thursday, March 8, 2007

The snoring...naked Swedish man and Byron Bay

So here we are in Byron Bay. We made our way from Surfers Camp to here. It is a small Hippie town near another town called Nimbin...a place where weed is sold in cafes and is baked in cookies etc. The cops tend to look the other way and so many people walk around in Nimbin and Byron with bare feet, nappy hair, long skirts and look nice and hippieish. Phil and I didn't go to Nimbin but we heard many stories!
We arrived at our Hostel which was really nice...one of my favourites so far. We are in a 4 share room. Me, Phil, a 50 yr old, and a 30ish Swedish man...so last night I was tired and didn't go out. Had to recover from all the activities that we have been doing. So I was second to go to bed after the 50 yr old, then about 1am the Swedish guy came in kinda drunk but went straight to bed. Phil came in later and I woke up due to incessant snoring that could wake the dead. I was already wearing ear plugs too! But seeing as I am a very light sleeper I guess that didn't help me in this situation. So anyway, it wasn't only me who was annoyed. Phil too was peeved. We both tried to sleep but it was too loud, I threw some stuff at him but that didn't work...I then told Phil to shine his flashlight in the guys face to make him turn over. Phil explained that he didn't want to b/c the guy was naked. "WHAT?" i exclaimed..."HOW...WHY?" to which Phil explained that when he came in the guy seemed as though he was turning over (and at this point the light was still on when Phil came home) and instead the guy took his boxers off and was laying on his back without anything covering him. I was completely disgusted...and did not look that way all night! Needless to say I didn't sleep well...even with my iPod blaring in my ears...I dreamt of spitting spit balls at the guy..and am really going to put that by my pillow tonight to shut him up! (haha) I woke up this morning...opening my eyes and saw his bare a** and wanted to puke! It is either spit balls...sleeping pills or something tonight to make us sleep through this snoring naked Swede!
Life is funny...and later I guess I will laugh more about it...
We spent most of our time in Byron just relaxing, sitting by the hostel's pool and walking around. Phil and I hired some bicycles and took a trek half way up to the lighthouse. We then walked from there b/c the road was steep and didn't have a wide shoulder. The walk was really beautiful but it was incredibly hot and humid that I was all red in the face! Near the top we reached Australia's Most Eastern point. There we looked into the ocean and saw some turtle's surfing and some giant manta rays. We finished the trek to the lighthouse, ate some ice cream and headed back down again and sat on the beach for a bit.We later met up with some friends and went out for a bit. Byron was one of my favourites because it was small and had a lot of personality.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: