Monday, May 18, 2009

My home intruder

Bad memories are flooding my mind as I sit here writing this. I think my heart is still beating at an usually quick pace and i can't seem to relax. Every few seconds I stop to look around my surroundings and to look for any type of movement...but for now I don't see any. I am sitting in my room, on my bed and this is now day 3 of catching glimpses or rather more like close encounters of a very uninvited, hated, disgusting intruder. A baby rat has entered my humble abode and I am now being reminded of last year when I was staying with Jude and the baby rats that would crawl on me while i slept and I would jump awake, heart beating so fast as if it were going to burst out of my chest. The baby rats are small and seem almost like mice...but they are clearly NOT mice if you see them. they have the pointy faces and long tails and have longer bodies that are dark. Some can be so small that you may think it was a big cockroach...but nope, if you've ever had a baby rat crawl on you while you sleep and you wake up...you can clearly feel that it is NOT a cockroach or any type of bug...because you can feel the fur...so they are definitely rats...and they really are not scared like they should be. This is the third time that this rat has come close to me. The first day it ran past me in my parlour and i exclaimed very loudly "AH AH!" which is a very Nigerian expression almost to say "NO!!" or "NO WAY" So I tried to chase it...(I no longer really run away, because now I just want to try and be brave and kill the damn thing!) Then while I was doing the dishes last night, it ran past my feet...literally less than an inch away and I jumped back, feeling as if I was having a heart attack! Then today...the worst one of all..as I was sitting on my bed i see out of the corner of my eye something moving...and towards me...and as I look the rat and I make eye contact and I jump up and it seems to disappear into my dirty clothes pile. So I grab a hanger and pry around picking up each article of clothing with the hook of the hanger and shaking it violently....but nothing was there. I then moved onto my dresser and realized that behind it there is a space which the rat can go underneath the dresser...so I take my flash light and I am shining it and see nothing...then I move the dresser and peak again. My heart stops and the light flashes on the nasty beast and it looks up at me frozen and then darts off. I swear that as I watched it dart off that it entered my purse. (This is the part where I have to sensor...because like a crazy person, I began to shout and threaten and swear at the rat....


AHHH...sorry this must be put in NOW! As I was writing just now I saw the rat try to make a run for it from behind my big dresser and immediately I yelled in fear as my heart again jumped. It has run back to its hiding place...AHHHH!!!...Why am I being tortured!


ok...so back to my story..the rat obviously didn't enter my purse and I am sure you can all imagine me trying to pick up my purse to shake it out and holding it far from my body while standing on my tip toes...ready to jump or run at any moment...and I am sure I look like a fool...but who wouldn't! I went to my neighbours and since the places that sell these rat gums are closed (it is like a rat trap that they get stuck to...the bottom is like glue and they die there) they came and we all were banging things around and trying to find and destroy this intruder. But since these rats are small and quick and can somehow squeeze there body thru a space the size of a penny or less...they hide so well. Even now, I don't know how it is hiding behind my big dresser as there is no space underneath it unless it can squeeze between the carpet and the wood! So now here I am...and until this thing leaves my room...I won't sleep well...so i am going to again...scatter my room to find this rat and if i get it cornered...I am going to kill it and bash it until i know I've gotten my revenge!!! stay tuned!!!

No comments: