Saturday, April 21, 2007

Adelaide so far...

Well, here I am in Adelaide...and it has been just over 2 weeks that I have been here. We were able to get to Adelaide just in time for Easter. Uncle Pete and Auntie Anne had Auntie Anne's family over and we ate, told jokes and played an intense game of Cranium...WOW...true Wierenga's are sure competitive (ahem...Phil....Todd.)
We also went and had a picnic and a walk in a park which was really lovely. We went to Todd's for a BBQ and had one at Auntie Anne's and Uncle Pete's as well. A few days after, Lauren (my Aussie cousin) took me to Gorge's wildlife park. I have admittedly been here now 2 times and would still go back...just to hold a Koala once again. We walked around feeding the animals and I held a Koala. At the end we fed the Kangaroos and had many laughs as I was being swarmed as well as watching a huge Albino roo chance around a female with a joey...and trying to "put the moves on her" MEN...doesn't matter what species...they are all the same! :-)
Phil (my cousin) left on the 13th back to Canada and I was left here to hang out with the Australia Wierenga's. FUN! But before Phil left we went around to some wine country and did some wine tasting. YUM! The first day was a lot of fun. Phil was our driver b/c Todd (my Aussie cousin) and I were doing the wine tasting. We were in the Mclaren Valley. The drive up was through the hills and the drive had many curves...none of which my stomach didn't notice. We went around do different wine places and began tasting...and you can guess what happened after a few places...yep, Todd and I began to get tipsy. I just giggled and knew that I should stop...and did. At the end of the day we came back and were all exhausted. (must have been the wine and the sun).
The next day we went to Clare and little towns here and there. We stopped at the whispering wall which is a dam that is curved. One person goes and walks to one end and talks and the person at the other end can hear them as clear as day....it is quite a neat thing really! Since then I have been hanging out with Lauren and some days Todd and Uncle Pete and Auntie Anne.
I have been job searching...and it hasn't been fun. I was sick for a while and am still getting over it. I had to go to the dentist yesterday for the toothache that I was trying to deny and ignore was becoming too painful. Yep...I have a wisdom tooth coming in, but it is impacted, so instead it just caused an infection and inflammation of my gums and cheek area. Good thing I have travel insurance to cover that! I am currently on antibiotics and should be ok until I come home...but then out it goes! I finally have a job interview (well 2) one this Monday and one of Friday...so wish me luck! Until then...read my post about money! :-)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: